The ABC’S of Raising Your Vibes
You may have heard people saying things like, “Man you gotta protect your energy,” or “I get a bad vibe from that person,” So in a world focused on more negativity than positivity, how do YOU protect your energy from all the energy vampires? I’ve compiled this list of ideas just for you!
Awareness– Being aware of what goes on with your thoughts, emotions and body is one important way to raise your vibes. Pay attention to your thoughts, are they positive or negative? This will determine whether your vibes are at a low or high frequency. How are you feeling at this moment? What caused this feeling?
Balance– Are your days filled with to-do lists, emails, thoughts of work? Or maybe your days are filled with playful adventures but you procrastinate in getting your work done. This is where the root chakra comes in, it helps us balance the flow of life so we can live harmoniously. Learn more about balance in this video.
Chakras– Chakras are the energy centers in our bodies. If blocked they can cause chaos in our natural flow and cause us to become unbalanced or even lead to illness. New to the chakras? Learn more here.
Daily Work– Raising your vibrations isn’t a one and done kind of thing, it takes work, daily work. You have to constantly feed your mind with positivity. A few ways to do this is through affirmations, meditation, setting good intention and creative play. A great place to start is by asking yourself what you like and what your dream life looks like. Now begin setting goals on getting there.
Energy Work– Remember we talked about the chakras as energy centers in our bodies? Well now we have to do some energy work to balance them out. Start here to learn techniques on how to work on each chakra so that you’re on your way to a more balanced life.
Forgiveness– Forgiveness is a powerful thing. When you are able to forgive it means that you’re growing. You’ve moved past the stages of having to be right. You’ve set your ego to the side because you finally realized that forgiveness isn’t about the other person, it’s about you allowing your spirit to live peacefully. And in THAT moment you get your power back. You are untouchable, unfazed by what others do or say. You’ve moved into the realm of calm, freedom. That’s where you were meant to be all along. That’s the place called Healing.
Gratitude– Want to have more abundance in your life? Start with gratitude. The more you count your blessings, the more blessings you have to count. We made a whole video about it. Yep, it is THAT important and beneficial to keeping your vibes high.
Healthy Foods– One way to raise your vibrations is to eat foods that are good for your body. A great way to do this is to add more fruits and veggies to your diet and drink clean water. By doing this you’re creating better energy levels, meaning you’ll become less sluggish after a meal AND your skin is going to have an awesome glow. Start by trading out a few simple things or revamping your dishes. Try a spinach salad with a dash of pecans, sliced strawberries and a drizzle (not a drowning) of salad dressing. Or what if instead of frying chicken, you oven fry it instead. Search out different recipes and get creative.
Intuition– Hey did you just get a hunch to do something? That’s your intuition, your natural GPS system trying to guide you. Stop pushing the mute button and listen to it. You may be stopping yourself from taking the next great adventure because you didn’t catch that tip that was going to take you to the next level. It’s a third eye chakra thang.
Jump Into Action-Aahhh so you decided to listen to your intuition! Great. Now stop thinking about it and DO it! The only way something happens is by taking action.
Kick a Habit– Are you waking up every morning reaching for your phone to check out what’s happening on social media? Most of the things, ok…drama, that’s on social media is hindering your good vibe level. Instead why not change that habit and start your day with a new routine to get those positive vibes going. Wake up a little earlier to savor that morning coffee before running out the door. Or do a ten minute meditation or gratitude practice. Hey…you may even want to try a digital detox. Shaking up your routine can change your vibrations in such a positive way!
Laugh more– Nothing keeps your vibes high like laughter. Laughter is a natural healer and restores your joy for life if even for a moment. So feel free to pop some popcorn and binge watch a few comedy specials or go to a live comedy show!
Meditating– Oh there is so much I could say about meditation but I’ll start with this…it’s addictive and refreshing. Take time each day, at least 5 minutes, to practice meditation and watch how your life improves.
Natural Crystals– Crystals are a great way to improve your connection to your higher self. They have been used in many historical and cultural practices as a way of providing healing to the mind, body and spirit.
Open to Possibility– There are so many limitations that we put on ourselves on top of the ones put on us by others. Do something different and dare to step outside of your comfort zone by saying yes to new opportunities. You never know where they’ll lead you. This not only helps your vibrations get to the next level, it also causes you to break out of the old routine. Your sacral chakra will smile because of this.
Patience– Growth doesn’t happen overnight. It took years for you to grow into the person you are today so grant yourself a pass of mercy and allow time to learn new ideas and beliefs. The greatest part of the journey of self is to truly learn who you are in THIS MOMENT. So be kind to yourself. Smile. Celebrate. Live. There’s only one you and that’s what makes you unique.
Quiet Time– With so many tings, dings, bells and whistles trying to get our attention by way of phones, emails, loud ass commercial ads and other things, it’s nice to take time out of your busy day to just be. Believe it or not, the gift of silence can reduce stress immensely, and most importantly allow us to hear that still small voice we call intuition.
Reiki– So this is a type of energy therapy that helps relieve stress in your body and in your mind. It provides comfort and a feeling of rejuvenation so that your vibes are restored to its positive energy. You can seek a reiki healer or practice on yourself. Either way, it’s definitely worth looking into and I know you’ll thank yourself later because you did.
Self-Care– Ms. Janet Jackson herself sang “What Have You Done For Me Lately?” and I’m sure there are people in your circle asking you the same. Boo forget that! What have you done for YOU lately? When was the last time you took yourself on a date or did something YOU really wanted to do and not what someone else wanted you to do? Self-care is important especially for keeping your sanity and enjoying all that life has to offer. Next time someone tries to take all your time by asking for favors, tell them…Sorry but not sorry Boo, I’m doin me today.
Tai Chi– If you’ve never tried a Tai Chi class then you’re missing out. It’s a great way to learn to focus and you can totally feel the energy in your body. It’s slow movement, discipline and core training all in one. How can you go wrong with that?!
Unlimited Beliefs– That’s right…unlimited beliefs! You know that moment when your vibes are so high that your confidence says you’re the bomb dot com and can’t nobody tell you nothin! Yeah. Keep that feeling. That’s the feeling you get when you stop caring what other people say or think about you. That’s your source of power that’s going to take you to the next level. It’s a sign your solar plexus is balanced and working for your good.
Vacation– Get out of your normal routine and schedule a getaway! Exploring other places can spark new ideas, give you a fresh outlook on life and allows you to see the world with new eyes. And…HELLLLOOOOO…totally increases your vibrations! Oh and if you need help with traveling plans, my friend Johnnie is awesome (you’ve probably seen him on my vacay pics on Instagram) and can help you with your traveling needs. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Write an encouraging note to yourself- I’m so not kidding on this one. One day I got the nudge to write myself an encouraging note in my planner. I was having a great day and wanted to celebrate myself by capturing the moment and saying how proud I was of myself. Fast forward to a month or so later when I was having a not so good day, I went back to that note in my planner and immediately felt uplifted. I encourage you to do the same because you never know when you’re going to need that bit of umph to get you going again.
X out negativity– Listen I gotta be blunt here. Real talk you’re gonna have to leave those negative friends behind. They are sucking up your energy boo. You can’t keep getting wrapped up in the drama, it’s killin’ your vibe.
Yes- Say yes to yourself more. Stop making excuses for why you can’t do x, y, and z. Babe you’ve got to get out of your comfort zone in order to experience a real adventure. Your vibes can only elevate when you leave fear on the table and welcome faith at the door. Do yourself a favor and give the Universe something to work with.
Zen– Now that you’ve taken what I’ve said to heart and followed the ideas on the list, you should feel balanced, vibes are higher and you can whoosah. Congrats on reaching your zen. You deserve it and so much more.
If you enjoyed this article then you’re going to LOVE the ABC’S of Raising Your Vibes Workbook! You can grab this downloadable workbook for only $7.77 by clicking this image.
Which letter resonated with you the most? Share your thoughts in the comments.
I’ll never forget the day I was introduced to Lisa Nichols.
My mother was actually the one who instructed me to watch her YouTube videos and I instantly became attracted to her words. Later I learned of Lisa’s association with The Secret, and began digging through the vaults to learn more about this powerful woman with whom I now had a connection with, even though she didn’t know it.
One day while at work I ran across this quote:
Nothing To Prove
It became my screensaver, my mantra, my affirmation of the day, my life. Every time I was faced with a situation, I whispered to myself…..I have nothing to defend.
When approached by opposition, I would boldly say…..I have nothing to prove, and stand on those words. It was more than liberating, it was freeing. Finally I found the freedom in the strength of my voice that I had been searching for, the strength that during a time I thought I had lost.
It was THAT day that I realized the power of my words. Lisa Nichols had shown me how to use my words to move the mountains that were confining me.
This ONE quote inspired me to create a piece that would remind me EVERY DAY how powerful I am. How I can move through obstacles and liberate the voice that I had once quieted in order to make others around me feel comfortable, all the while, compromising my own comfort.
Diva With Nothing To Prove Bracelet
This bracelet was created for all Divas who need that subtle reminder that your voice is important. It’s a reminder that it is your right to proceed with boldness, class, intent.
The Diva With Nothing To Prove Bracelet is a representation of me expressing my voice through my art. I invite you to join me in this revolution! You too can be bold and make your version of this bracelet here.
What quote has inspired you to become a better version of you? Share and enlighten us. I’d love to high five and celebrate you. We ALL deserve that.
If you’re like me you were in a department store shopping with your friends, headed to the jewelry section, perused the selections and realized that nothing they offered was your flavor.
Yeah, it happens. Sometimes the style we’re looking for just hasn’t been created yet and doesn’t really express our uniqueness. I mean why wear jewelry if it doesn’t represent a part of who you are?
It may be in this instance that you are inspired to create your own jewelry, something that represents you, gives you self-expression, and makes a bold statement.
That’s it. Your mind is made up and you’re going to create your own jewelry.
Good for you Diva, welcome to our world. Many jewelry artists start by reading books, taking a class, joining a jewelry club, watching videos or simply diving into experimentation.
No matter how or where you start every Jewelry Diva must have these essential tools:
1. Round nose pliers- These pliers are definitely needed to make simple loops, and later, eccentric designs. Nickname: Alligator*.
2. Flat nose pliers- These help make angles, create awesome geometric shapes and “clean the wire” to make it look more professional. Nickname: The Cleaner*.
3. Wire cutters- These are pretty self- explanatory, they pretty much just cut the wire. Nickname: Cutter.
Seriously Divas, these are the three main tools you’ll need in order to create fabulous pieces of jewelry. I know what you’re saying…But Angela there are SO many other tools on the market, don’t I need them? Nope.
Technically you don’t “need” them, you may want them. I mean do we really “need” a garlic press? People create gadgets to make our lives simpler but sometimes the exact opposite happens we become overwhelmed because we don’t know how to use them. Later we find out the three main tools we started with in the first place does the same job. In the beginning, let’s keep it simple.
Now that we have the jewelry tools, we need the jewelry materials.
The first time I took a basic jewelry class we were given a supply list of materials we needed for the class which was cool but it had no pictures. The list may as well have been written in Spanish because I didn’t know what these items were or what they looked like.
Walking into a craft store trying to find these things by yourself is a nightmare, especially when there are no associates to help you. (True story.) Oh and here’s your first jewelry term: Findings- jewelry components or pieces. So here’s the breakdown:
1. Head pin- In my humble opinion, the head pin looks like a very thin nail. The flat end of a head pin is equated to a stop sign or a period- you can go no further in the design. It stops the bead and almost camouflages itself into the bead. In other words, it takes backstage in the design and allows the beads to be the star of the show. These are available in many gauges, more about this later.
2. Eye Pin- These look like thin sticks/wire with a loop at the end. These loop gives you the option to continue or add to the design, if you were a writer this would be your comma or period. You could simply open the loop to add more: another bead, chain, etc. It’s all up to you and the possibilities are endless.
3. Jump rings- These are available in various sizes, shapes, texture and colors. What is their job in creative design? Jump rings connect pieces together, make things dangle, create length, and in some cases, add texture. Opening a jump ring is easy and did you know there was a kiss involved?! Honey, it’s the most romantic supply ever. We’ll talk about that part at a later date.
4. Ear Wires- Ear wires come in different varieties such as post, kidney, fish hooks, and leverbacks. Although these represent different styles, they all serve the same purpose- to make earrings.
5. Clasps- Just like with ear wires, there are also creative ways to add elegance and finesse to your bracelets and necklaces. You can choose from toggles, spring, and lobster clasps (not the kind you eat, lol). These findings allow you to finish your design.
6. Stretch Magic- I know, I know. Weird name, great resource. This is the elastic used to make those stretchy bracelets you often see in the store, more like a one size fits all type piece. I guess that’s the magic. When purchasing this you want to make sure the elastic isn’t too thick for the hole of our bead. I made this mistake the first time I bought it. Ahhh but I’ve learned my lesson.
7. Beading wire- This is not the wire used in wire wrap projects, this is the wire used in stringing projects. Let me explain this a little better. Beading wire is thin, doesn’t bend into shapes to create funky circles or butterflies. It is used to thread beads on to in order to create multi-strand necklaces, bracelets, decorative earrings….things like that. Get it? Still confused? No worries, there’s a class for that.
8. Crimp beads- These are so freakin’ tiny but so important when creating strung jewelry pieces. So basically these are used in the beginning and the end of a piece. Its purpose is to stop the beads from falling off and to allow room for a closure. (Clasp)
9. Crimp covers- Crimp covers go over the crimp beads to give it a professional look. You’ll definitely want to invest in these and they’re super easy to use.
10. Beads- Of course we need beads and there are many styles, types, colors, shapes, and textures out there. Explore and buy what you like because that’s the whole reason you wanted to create in the first place, right?
Here’s one last tip from one Jewelry Diva to another…….Have fun and let the creativity flow. Oh did I forget to mention that I actually teach jewelry making in our new Member’s Club? I do. You can even treat yourself to a free download of the syllabus by clicking on the photo.
Hey leave us a comment and tell us your flavor or why you decided to get creative! We love meeting new people.
Many times people ask me what inspires me to create or what motivates me to create. To tell you the truth I’ve never really thought about it. It’s just something that I did/do. Or so I thought.
These questions stirred up something within me and I went on a quest to find the answer.
Why DO I create? What are the benefits from creating? When did this creative journey begin?
I dug deeper.
Memories of owning a sticker making machine as a little girl flashed into my mind. The machine was in the shape of a medium sized cream colored plastic house with a cotton candy roof, which served as the lid. The materials for the stickers were inside. You would place a sticker on the two large circle provided and begin creating. I was mesmerized by this idea of creating my own stickers and later started a sticker collection which I still have to this day.
Other forms of creation showed up in areas of dance lessons, which later led to choreographing dance routines with friends.
Writing short stories, which led to graduating with a minor in creative writing. Later in life creating and teaching jewelry.
Gathering all these memories inspired me to create my list of whys. I’ll share them with you and hopefully you can relate.
- Make other people smile
- Allow myself to play
- Me time
- Explore color
- Play with words
- Make something beautiful
- Connect with nature
- Stay in the moment
- Use my imagination
- Try something new
- Get inspired
- Tap into my emotions
- Share with the world
- Inspire others
- Be open-minded
- Better problem solver
- Slow down
- Share memories
- Be a giver
- Solve a problem
- Uplift others
- Connect with others
- Connect with self
- Soul searching
- Teach others what I know
- Challenge myself
- Heal others
- Feel good
- Be courageous
- Express Love
- Step outside the box
- Show my uniqueness
- Positive energy
- Learn a skill
- Celebrate myself
- Celebrate others
- Pass down traditions
- Creative Flow of thought
- Feelings of accomplishment
- Boost of confidence
- Realizing my talent is my gift to the world
This is the long and short of it, also the beginning of a series in which I will expand further and invite you to explore with me.
What inspires you to create?
Wire wrapping has become one of the most popular jewelry making techniques in the industry. It looks extremely difficult but the truth is once you master the basic techniques, the sky’s the limit.
I was first drawn to this technique when I saw a beautiful amethyst gemstone which had been wire wrapped in silver at a bead show. It not only accentuated the color and body of the stone but it added flair and elegance to the stone, like nothing I had ever seen before. At that time I was taking a basic jewelry making course but after seeing that stone, I became curious and bought my first roll of wire.
It was then that I learned something valuable about this technique and its process. There are five skills one needs to master in wire wrapping:
- The Wire. When setting out to learn wire wrapping, it is imperative that you take time to learn about the various gauges of wire so that you know which gauge and type you’ll enjoy working with. Something important to know is the higher the number, the thinner the wire. Play with the gauges and feel how different they are to work with and in no time you’ll become best friends with one of them.
2. It’s All In The Wrist. I don’t care how many wire wrap artists you put in the same room, creating the same project, using the same exact design, the end result will differ from the person next to you, even if only slightly. The reason for this is because it’s all in your wrist. Writers use the same letters in the alphabet that everyone else has access to but the difference is in the way they construct words to formulate their voice and tone throughout their work. Wire wrapping is no different. All the creative energy you muster flows through your body and “your voice” is in your wrist. Your wrist is what controls the way you bend and form your wire, it’s where you develop style.
3. Lose Control. Guess what? When you’re first starting out and learning how to wrap your very first bead, allow yourself room to lose control. Relax and just experiment by playing with the wire so you can get used to handling it. You don’t have to try getting it right the first time, that’s way too much pressure to put on yourself. Have fun and flow with this new discovery. The look you are going for will come in time. Trust me.
4. Patience. Training your wire to do exactly what you want is like training a new puppy. The puppy is new to you and wants to do things its way because it doesn’t know what you want it to do so it does what it wants. I’m totally am not joking, like seriously the wire has a mind. The last thing you want to do is choke the heck out of the wire or squeeze and tug at it so bad that you strip it. Be gentle. Be patient. It will do exactly what you want when you love on it.
5. Practice. Practice is key. You probably thought I was going to start by saying that practice makes perfect. Nope. Absolutely not. There’s no such thing as perfection. I will say that practice makes you better. The key is to continue practice your technique until you’re satisfied with the outcome. And then….practice some more until you move past satisfaction. You’ll become a wire wrap diva in no time!
What’s the one thing you’ve learned while creating jewelry? Share your thoughts, I’d love to hear them.
We were all gathered around the table, Miley playing on her tablet, my sister answering emails, and me listing new items into the shop.
I looked up from my laptop at Miley and I said, nonchalantly, “Miley when you get older you should work with me.” She looked up, smiled, and went back to her game.
Later that evening Miley stood next to me while I created new pieces for the shop. At first she just stood there watching, then she left the room. When she returned, she set a shoe box on the table, pulled up a chair next to me and said….”I’m ready.”
Ready? What was she talking about? “Honey what do you mean? Ready for what?”
“TeeTee, you said I could work with you. I’m ready. What kinda work do you have for me?”
I was totally shocked and amazed at the same time. “Tee tee this can be our first meeting, I’m going to make something too while we talk.”
Now let’s break down what just happened here:
- Miley heard an opportunity, didn’t answer but smiled.
- She returned to me with confidence and a game plan.
- Miley took ACTION.
Right away Miley got busy digging in her box thinking about what to create. An idea came to her mind and she interviewed me about my favorite colors, what I liked, and so on. A few times I caught her staring at me while I created. The next thing I knew, she asked me to hold out my wrist so she could measure it. And she placed the bracelet on my wrist, tied a knot, and told me I smile a lot.
Miley had just done something I teach in my Tips for Selling course, she studied her ideal client!
- She positioned herself in a place to observe and study me.
- She interviewed me as a way to research my likes.
- She created a product that I would be drawn to and able to connect with.
- Most importantly, she connected with her customer in a comfortable way.
Impressed?! Yeck yeah! This incredible 9 year old has all of the qualities of a winner: persistence, confidence, work ethic and ACTION. After returning back to Milwaukee, I called my sister and told her to tell Miley that she has the job, she’s my new creative assistant. Miley will be featured in July when I return to Houston. Welcome to the team sweetie!
I LOVE my friends and family, I really do.
I laugh and cringe at the same time when they assume that I have nothing but time.
“Oh Angela you’re retired now you have PLENTY of time.”
“Oh…you work from home. So we can get together whenever.” “Must be nice to play with your jewelry stuff all day.” (Enter side eye to the 10th power.)
💜Yes I am retired….from a life that no longer served me. Here’s the thing, when you find something you LOVE doing and it’s your passion, retirement doesn’t exist because you never want to stop doing it.
💜Yes I WORK from home. Emphasis on the word work! So let’s break down a “typical day” in my entrepreneur life.
- Wake up and say gratitude prayer
- Coffee and listen to motivational speaker
- Look over my to do list in planner and notebook and set intention for the day
- Check emails, answer customer inquiries, check all social media, shower, dress, get ready
- Write, create, take photos, edit photos, research, study, edit writing
- If I’m lucky I get to workout today
- Meetings, group calls, check calendar to make sure I’m on track
- Check in with accountability partners
- Nurture my Jewelry Divas in my FB group by making sure I keep them informed and encouraged
- Arrange and schedule meetups
- Hopefully I didn’t forget to eat lunch today (there have been days where my first meal hasn’t happened until 4:30p.m. I’m getting better, lol.)
- Study time again.
- Create pieces
- Publish the thing (I’ve published three non jewelry related pieces,)
- And the list goes on. Yes I do spend time with the family and am able to squeeze a date in once in a while. (Thank God he’s patient and sees and supports my vision.)
- Find time to mentor others and lift them up
Now of course the schedule changes. But here’s the thing. I love everything about what I do and the people I do it for. I wouldn’t change that for anything in the world.
What drives you and do you feel supported? Share your thoughts and stories, I’d love to hear them.
Taking jewelry classes are fun and rewarding. You learn new techniques, make new friends, and reignite the creativity within you.
Although these are all benefits, realistically sometimes our schedules won’t allow us to sit in a classroom setting. We may be rushing to pick up the children, working late hours, weekends filled with lists of errands and it seems like we’re always on the move.
Consider your problem solved. What if I told you there’s a way to focus on creativity in your own time, in your home, on the go, or whenever YOU’RE ready? There is!
I’ve created online jewelry classes that you can have lifetime access too. Here’s what you can expect:
*ongoing support through our Facebook group
*access to video lessons
*lifetime access to the courses
Feel free to visit the online school and take a look around.