I LOVE my friends and family, I really do.
I laugh and cringe at the same time when they assume that I have nothing but time.
“Oh Angela you’re retired now you have PLENTY of time.”
“Oh…you work from home. So we can get together whenever.” “Must be nice to play with your jewelry stuff all day.” (Enter side eye to the 10th power.)
💜Yes I am retired….from a life that no longer served me. Here’s the thing, when you find something you LOVE doing and it’s your passion, retirement doesn’t exist because you never want to stop doing it.
💜Yes I WORK from home. Emphasis on the word work! So let’s break down a “typical day” in my entrepreneur life.
- Wake up and say gratitude prayer
- Coffee and listen to motivational speaker
- Look over my to do list in planner and notebook and set intention for the day
- Check emails, answer customer inquiries, check all social media, shower, dress, get ready
- Write, create, take photos, edit photos, research, study, edit writing
- If I’m lucky I get to workout today
- Meetings, group calls, check calendar to make sure I’m on track
- Check in with accountability partners
- Nurture my Jewelry Divas in my FB group by making sure I keep them informed and encouraged
- Arrange and schedule meetups
- Hopefully I didn’t forget to eat lunch today (there have been days where my first meal hasn’t happened until 4:30p.m. I’m getting better, lol.)
- Study time again.
- Create pieces
- Publish the thing (I’ve published three non jewelry related pieces,)
- And the list goes on. Yes I do spend time with the family and am able to squeeze a date in once in a while. (Thank God he’s patient and sees and supports my vision.)
- Find time to mentor others and lift them up
Now of course the schedule changes. But here’s the thing. I love everything about what I do and the people I do it for. I wouldn’t change that for anything in the world.
What drives you and do you feel supported? Share your thoughts and stories, I’d love to hear them.